Well, it's 2015

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, it's 2015

And we're still here. Kind of. The Fleet may not be close to what it once was, but at least we can say we're still here. The forums look dead, but there's a core group of us that remain active in the IRC chat room.

Yep, the same old #New_Republic on DALNet from 15 years ago. Not much has changed - we still just hang out there and talk about whatever's on our minds at the time. We also still game, whenever our schedules permit. From Jedi Knight to Smash Bros 4, we play whatever we're in the mood for, both new and old.

Many of us hoped that with the release of Bioware's The Old Republic, some of the flame that was the old NR5F would be rekindled. Sadly, that didn't happen, as none of us found the game as enjoyable as we had all hoped for. But Episode 7 is coming out later this year, and who knows? It could blow us all away.

So I've updated and re-opened the forums. Why not post and say hello for old times sake? If you're reading this but having trouble logging in, just shoot me a message. Find me on IRC or shoot a tweet over to @Fifthnet and I'll get you sorted out.

If you're looking to get back on IRC with us, there's a few ways:

Download mIRC at http://www.mirc.com/ and join irc.dal.net #new_republic

Register for free at http://www.irccloud.com and join irc.dal.net #new_republic

Or follow this mibbit link: #New_Republic
    The latest Tweets from NR's Fifth Fleet (@Fifthnet). The New Republic's Fifth Fleet Official Twitter Feed. Outer Rim
    Last edited by Commy; February 18th, 2015, 09:05 PM.
    High Admiral Commy
    ID: HA/FXO Commskywalker/BB Zentar (OOJ:JM/HoC) (NAC: DIR) (NRN:ATH)

Matt Sifi
    HA/CC Matt Sifi/CRS Payback (OOJ:JM/MoC) (NAC:MNT) (NRN:ADIR) (RDC:ADIR)

"When this war is over, I am going to remove my medals and stars and leave only my jacket on and they all can kiss my ass."

Comment

Oh how I remember those halcyon days (see what I did there?)
      http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w...rmiemodded.jpg
      Rear Admiral A. Halcyon, SC DarkStar Squadron, Knight of the Order of Ice Cream Soup, Painfully inactive Reporter for the NRN and all round good chap

Comment

*a ghost pokes his head in* Hmmm thats what been happening around here I would never thought to check the or mIRC well I dont know what server to get on to connect to the channel because Its been ages since I been on there
        Mike Skywaler
        [Resigned]

Comment

I Killed Jar Jar - Star Wars: Darkness Saga

High Admiral Darth Angelus
          HA/FSO/GC Darth Angelus/SSD Angel of Death

Comment

Matt Sifi
            HA/CC Matt Sifi/CRS Payback (OOJ:JM/MoC) (NAC:MNT) (NRN:ADIR) (RDC:ADIR)

"When this war is over, I am going to remove my medals and stars and leave only my jacket on and they all can kiss my ass."

Comment

I know the forums are a bit slow, but I'm not entirely sure why. It's something host related, but I guess it's not really that big of a deal. Except for giving people an excuse to yell at me
              High Admiral Commy
              ID: HA/FXO Commskywalker/BB Zentar (OOJ:JM/HoC) (NAC: DIR) (NRN:ATH)

Comment

I Killed Jar Jar - Star Wars: Darkness Saga

High Admiral Darth Angelus
                HA/FSO/GC Darth Angelus/SSD Angel of Death

Comment

well...its 2016

Comment

Working...
                  X