X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breaking news here people

http://www.galacticempiretimes.com/2...s-killed.html#
    http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w...rmiemodded.jpg
    Rear Admiral A. Halcyon, SC DarkStar Squadron, Knight of the Order of Ice Cream Soup, Painfully inactive Reporter for the NRN and all round good chap

In A new Hope Vader nearly killed a high ranking Imperial officer just for questioning him and now he is giving press conferences, I give it another 40 years till he dances around fire singing somgs about peace and love and ...

visualising that picture really scares me ...
    Michael Simon
    Grand Admiral New Republician Navy
    Fleet Commander 5th New Republican Fleet
    GA/FC Michael Simon/ASD Prometheus

Comment

Benjamin Simon
      Admiral New Republican Navy
      Carrier Captian of the ISD Hamburg XII
      AD/CC Benjamin Simon/ISD Hamburg/Beta 2-1 (OoJ:JK)

Comment

Well, I had been pretty busy geting my real life back into order in the last one and a half year. I guess the reason I just appeared here isn't that I was to busy that time to be here, it was more the attempt to get my mind free from all the fleet problems. Some of you may remeber that a bit more then two years ago, I think early 2009 or was it 2008 ..., well I made a pretty similar statement. I was hoping to get a step forward in my real life but more or less fate pushed me two steps behind.

From what I can see at the moment it looks like the activity dropped pretty much down on the forum, not really the first time in 13+ years club history.
        Michael Simon

Comment

In the last year before my departure we had problems on consolidating the fleet, well basically old structures that didn't manage to follow the fluctuations with increasing speed. Basiccally putting active officers together into squadrons just to see these half inactive again. Maybe we didn't promote the ICTE enough, on the other hand I know a couple of members participated on the ICTE, but for other clubs. Problems with coordination Run On players and athors somehow didn't found together.

Well the biggest problem is, we are a kind of outdated service these days. Nowadays player communities are build build more or less directly. Players get their archivenemts, login on large server networks where they can directly communicate with people on their friends list and all these shiny new services and stuff that is provided.

I guess the 5th fleet is in a kind of niche, as it was always, end of the 90s we were the geeky online computer people and these days we are the geeky retro irc and forum users.

Nevertheless, the internet is large, and I'm sure there are enough strange ppl out there, like us, who maybe have fun on these ancient way of player community.

Well, hope to see you, till then,

Michael
          Michael Simon

Comment

Sorry, wrong thread, should have been here:

http://www.fifthnet.org/forum/showth...t-has-happened

Michael Simon