This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• War is upon us!

Star Wars: The Old Republic is almost out. There are still a few things for us all to decide, so please give your input. The less I may have to decide on my own, the better for everyone.

Server type?

A few choices here. First, PvP or PvE? I am in strong favor of PvE for us, but open to thoughts and comments. Once we decide that, we have the option of it also being an RP server, or a non-RP server. This is where I could really use your input. Because of the nature of the Fleet, we might be inclined to go with an RP server. However, in general, a lot of people on those servers may be looking for guilds that literally roleplay all the time in chat. They speak as their character. I'm a bit more interested in a casual environment, but the idea of RP is still cool.

Guild Name?

PLEASE VOTE IN THE ATTACHED POLL. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT.

Server location?

NA server seems ideal, but if they give more distinct options, I would recommend NA-East. This seems like a good middle ground to me, but since I'm conveniently located at that precise location, please give me your input.

I guess that's really it for now. Further forum changes will be forthcoming to accommodate the game, as well as other news regarding integration of gaming members into the general fleet, once we finish working out the kinks.
    New Republic Fifth Fleet
    0.00%
    New Republic 5th Fleet
    50.00%
    New Republican Fifth Fleet
    0.00%
    New Republican 5th Fleet
    0.00%
    NR5F
    0.00%
    NR 5F
    0.00%
    Other (Please specify in the thread)
    50.00%
    High Admiral Commy
    ID: HA/FXO Commskywalker/BB Zentar (OOJ:JM/HoC) (NAC: DIR) (NRN:ATH)

Might be better to go with just the Republic 5th Fleet, given the era the game takes place in. It gives the fleet a very long history in the Star Wars universe. On IRC, it started off as an Imperial group but now we know how the Empire came about, it would have been a Republic fleet before then. Why not have it go all the way back to the time of this game?

I don't have a problem with being on an RP server. You're right that OOC conversations will probably be frowned upon in public chat but no reason we can't use the party channel for it.
    I Killed Jar Jar - Star Wars: Darkness Saga

High Admiral Darth Angelus
    HA/FSO/GC Darth Angelus/SSD Angel of Death

Comment

Server type: PvE, non-RP

Guild Name: Republican Fifth fleet

Server location: Southeast Asia (or NA East, whichever)
      Matt Sifi
      HA/CC Matt Sifi/CRS Payback (OOJ:JM/MoC) (NAC:MNT) (NRN:ADIR) (RDC:ADIR)

"When this war is over, I am going to remove my medals and stars and leave only my jacket on and they all can kiss my ass."

Comment

Worf makes a valid point. For server I'd go PvE too, don't mind it being RP either. It could always be advertised as casual RP guild, I suppose there'll also be loads of people who are looking for guilds that are not so strict on being IC all the time.
        High Admiral VDJ Karper
        HA/CA VDJ Karper/VNSD Predator
        NR5F-7

Comment

Working...
        X